[ic] No User Name / Password Needed for Admin Area

Christopher VanOosterhout interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 8 00:03:01 2001

I originally installed Interchange about five months ago.  Using the
version then available from Akopia.

It included the construct template.

However, once I installed the program I created a store using the
instructions in the Akopia document called: "Interchange: Catalog--Building
Tutorial."

Modifications?  Well lots of them --- probably too many to remember and /
or list.

Is the admin area automatically open by default?

I notice when I try to get into the admin area of the construct store on
the same server it asks me for a user name and password.  However if the
/admin/index.html gets tacked on to the end of one of the other stores, it
allows people into the area without asking for a user name and password.

Eventually I would possibly like to use the admin area, however right now
... especially if it allows anyone in to alter it ... I would like to
disconnect it or cover it by a password.

Thanks,

Chris