[ic] interchange html4 validation problems

John Beima interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 8 10:36:01 2001

> It is likely that this change from "&" would not require a lot of effort, a
> couple of small changes in the libraries.

It woudl require several of us to re-write a huge quantity of sites to convert
them over, and frankly this has been used for over 4 years, it out and out just
stupid to do a change like this one.

> Otherwise people in the UK are going to get into trouble. It is now the
> law here
> that public sites ( i.e. shopping sites) be accessible to the disabled.
> This,
> more often than not requires valid html to pass the "bobby" test.

It's the law yet you use Microsoft products and IE? That is the biggest joke I
have herd all week... Standards and Microsoft...

> I would be happy to discuss in private with your team a course of action
> to make
> interchange compliant.

Wow. He is going to teach people to be compliant... What an ego there!

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603