[ic] .css sheets and IC (Also ssi's)

Tim Watts interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jun 9 13:43:01 2001

I'm setting up my first store and am also using .css

The following folder contains .ccs's I use throughout the site:

mydomain.com/styles/

I just put this in the headers of all my region templates:

<LINK Href="/styles/site.css" Rel="styleSheet" Type="text/css">

and remove all the other font, color tags, etc. from the page and let the
.ccs do the work.

NOTE the preceeding slash(/) in the Href. This insures that the .css is
always called from the correct folder regardless of where the page
originates.

Works great!

--------------------------------

Also, I use ssi's extensively throughout the site for headers, footers,
navigation, etc. I achieve the same effect in IC by the following:

All ssi's are kept in mydomain.com/ssi/

First I created a symbolic link (named www) at catalogs/cat_name/www. It
points to to my public_html directory.
Then I created variables in IC that looks like this:
HEADER = include www/ssi/header.txt
TOP_NAV = include www/ssi/top_nav.txt
FOOTER = include www/ssi/footer.txt

To include them in an IC page requires only:
[__HEADER__]
[__TOP_NAV__]
[__FOOTER__]

Saves a lot of typing and automatically update IC to match the site any time
changes are made in the ssi files. NOTE: any links in the ssi files need to
use the same syntax as described above (preceeding slash).
i.e. - a link to:
mydomain.com/some/directory/file.html
should look like:
/some/directory/file.html
so it will maintain proper link regardless of where the page originates.

It's still a work in progress but you can take a look at:
http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/

Have fun!

on 6/9/01 9:31 AM, John Foster at jfoster@augustmail.com wrote:

> Before I spend a lot of time messing with this, can anybody tell me that
> this works. I want to use cascading style sheets (.css) files on a site
> I am developing. Will IC tags etc work from "within" a style sheet? ANY
> advice!!
> Thanks.
> John

Tim Watts
president
Romans1013.net
Internet Hosting
Loaded with features:
FREE shopping cart!
UNLIMITED email!
No Monthly Fees - Just One Low Payment, One Time per Year!
Visit our web site for details:
www.Romans1013.net