[ic] past orders for previous customer showing up in new basket

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 12 12:21:00 2001

At 10:00 AM 06/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>When more than one customer shares a computer such as at an Internet cafe,
>the previous orders made by the customer who last shopped at that PC show in
>the basket for the customer who shopped after that.
>
>The first customer logged out. I suspect this has something to do with the
>session not being killed, since the second shopping expedition was done
>shortly after the first.
>
>Any body encountered this before ? I will be searching the mailing list
>archives but hey, there's nothing like helpful folks ...

You are correct - though I can't vouch for the latest (4.7.x), In all other
versions of IC logging in and out does not initiate a new session
automatically. You should be able to make it so, if that is what you
need.  Your code would need to (on logout, let's say) deal with any cookies
which might have been set, then expire the session in the session
file.  That way a new session would be started whether the subsequent user
logged in or not.  You also need to consider whether or not the store will
require login for access, since login/logout becomes you primary method for
session management.  Lastly, you may want to set SessionExpire
(catalog.cfg) to a short value - say 10 minutes - to deal with those who
fail to end their session gracefully.

- Ed L.