[ic] Can't upload new images via Admin UI

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 14:07:01 2001

Quoting Randy Clapp

> My intent, was to show that I don't think my problem is at the file system
> level.  If I go into the access tables and flip the "SuperUser" setting,
> everything works like expected (I can edit, change and create new files).
> If I turn the "SuperUser" setting off, then I can't write/upload
> a new file.
> Maybe I'm completely missing something.  I'm not a Perl guru, but
> I've been
> able to manage my way through things so far.  I'm hesitant to call this a
> bug, because I think it's just something simple.  I have just run out of
> ideas to try.

Well, I must admit I still have this EXACT problem myself but thought I was
doing something wrong. I have just been waiting for someone (like you =) to
figure out *what* is wrong with our settings. I also DO NOT think it is a
bug, just our lack of information. I have also tried the wildcard idea
proposed my Mike Heins, but without any luck. I hope someone will post to
this list exactly what they did to set it up to upload images without
super-user privledges. Currently, my clients run as super-user. =(

Good luck!

Curt Hauge
IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6