[ic] Calculating quantity of items

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 17:26:00 2001

Hi Mike:

Thanks, that's not so hard after all! The only thing is, however, I would
like to put items with the same SKU on a different line UNLESS they have the
same options. My options each have their own unique code, is there a way to
do this?

Example:

Item		SKU	Options		Quantity

Red Widgets	0001	flow cont.	3
Red Widgets	0001			1
Blue Widgets	0002			1

Note: Each option has it's own unique code in a separate table. Red Widgets
are on 2 lines, but only because they are different. This is how I want it
to work in my cart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Mike Heins
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 5:08 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Calculating quantity of items

Quoting Jason Kohles (jkohles@redhat.com):
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:47:20PM -0400, Tim Mirecki wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out the best way to calculate this: if someone
hits
> > "Add Item" 5 times, instead of adding the quantity of 5, how can I
coagulate
> > these into ONE item in the cart instead of 5 separate items?
> >
> If you want to do it for all items in the catalog, just set SeparateItems
> No in your catalog.cfg, if you just want to do it for specific products,
it
> will be a lot more complex...

Not really much more complex.

        [page href=order
                form="
                        mv_order_item=SKU-0001
                        mv_separate_items=0
                "]Order on same line[/page]

        [page href=order
                form="
                        mv_order_item=SKU-0001
                        mv_separate_items=1
                "]Order on separate line[/page]

        [page href=order
                form="
                        mv_order_item=SKU-0001
                "]Order on whatever the default is[/page]

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown