[ic] GST Calculation

Brett Hooker interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 13 21:52:01 2001

It's the way the tax is presented to the consumer that is a little different.

All item prices must already have GST included in them, but when producing the final
invoice, the total GST on the invoice needs to shown on the total tax line.  It's
basically a reverse calculation, per the following example:

Hat $10.00 (includes GST)
Socks $15.00 (includes GST)
GST $2.27 (total GST that was included in product prices)
Total $25.00

Therefore, I can't just use item prices that that ex-GST, and then just use "sales
tax" to add 10%.

So, hopefully that answers your questions on why I have to alter it.

Thanks,
Brett