[ic] [Checked]

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 11:20:20 2001

At 08:18 PM 06/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>You just need to explicitly reset the value after displaying the input:
>>
>><input type=checkbox name=foo value=1 [checked foo 1]> Foo
>>[value name=foo set='' hide=1]
>>
>>That way, the next time the form is submitted, foo will be empty
>>(unchecked) unless they check/leave checked the box.  Note: when you have
>>multiple checkboxes for one variable name, this needs to change a bit:
>>
>><input type=checkbox name=foo value=1 [if value foo =~ /1/]checked[/if]>
>>Foo 1
>><input type=checkbox name=foo value=2 [if value foo =~ /2/]checked[/if]>
>>Foo 2
>>... <!-- etc -->
>>[value name=foo set='' hide=1]
>
>The problem i am having is if the form does not meet the error checking
>(profile) it redisplays and tells them what they need to fill out. if they
>uncheck an item and keep looping (not filling out the data) the items are
>then  rechecked. resetting it at the bottom would work but they'd have to
>reclick everything they originally wanted. so if they make 10 mistakes
>(yes Im sure there are some people out there capable of this), they have
>to recheck their choices each time.
>
>Unless Im missing something.

You are.  Their choices from the last go around will be reflected in the
checked / unchecked setting of each box *in the html*.  The [value ...] is
reset at the end to clear that element of the interchange Value hash (like
$Values->{foo} = '') so that the 'memory' of the value does not override
the next form submission, which is what is happening to you now.

- Ed L.