[ic] Problems with PGP

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 11:30:01 2001

At 10:13 AM 06/14/2001 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I`m still having problems with PGP.
>
>I don`t have root priviledges but have installed my PGP stuff in my local
>home directory and , hopefully, correctly pointed to it.
>
>The pertinent lines from the catalog.cfg file are as follows:
>
>Variable ENCRYPTOR    /usr/local/bin/pgp -feat
>administrator<admin@chattyshoppers.com>
>+pubring=/home3/chattyshoppers/.pgp/pubring.pgp+randseed=/home3/chattyshoppers/.pgp/randseed.bin
>2>dev/null

This is probably wrong.  First, did you test the pgp binary which you
installed in you directory?  Try encrypting a text file with the
administrator public key on the command line.  If that works, then the path
info is wrong.  Instead of /usr/local/bin it should be
/home3/chattyshoppers/pgp or /home3/chattyshoppers/bin/pgp, depending upon
where you put the binary.

- Ed L.