[ic] SSL - Cart Drop

Jeff Worsley interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 15:36:00 2001

Ok I will first start by saying that I know this is a common question.
Here is the situation, When customer goes to SSL basket, interchange
sometimes issues a new session... I have found and made the fix awhile
back and have submited the changes.
INTERCHANGE 4.6.5 FILE bin/interchange:

Line #1420: $Vend::Session->{shost}=$CGI::secure
this should be: $Vend::Session->{shost}=$CGI::remote_addr

i was thinking to my self, if you read that whole function... why the
hell would you set $Vend::Session->{shost} to $CGI::Secure if
$CGI::Secure had no value to begin with.

anyway I then had to add to catalog.cfg:
Cookies Yes
CookieDomain .securedomain.com .nonsecuredomain.com

well the funnything is that this works 100% when the .securedomain.com
is first then the .nonsecuredomain.com... however interchange declares a
cookie error and says that I will loose all cart items from non to
secure... this is not true, the cookies are writen like they should be
(even to a virgin computer). NOW THE QUESTION: Why would this make
interchange think there is an error? is there a fix to the code to make
it not error? I can remove the stuff out of the templates, however I
what interchange to be happy with the fix and not error at all to begin
with.

~Jeff
ContactDesigns.com