[ic] Interchange crashing

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 15:58:00 2001

Quoting Rene Hertell (rene@hertell.com):
> > Ok, set both of those, restarted Interchange and I can still crash it.
>
> Have you checked how many IC processes are running when you "crash" your IC?
>
> I got a few times the same problems that IC did not respond. After a ps -aux
> |grep interchange there was up to IC 10 processes running. After killing them
> and restarting IC everything seemed to work fine...

Bug confirmed, but not yet fixed.

The problem is an apparent deadlock in the housekeeping routines
that keep track of the number of servers. Only happens if you get
MaxServer or more accesses in HouseKeeping or less seconds, and
doesn't affect pre-fork mode (which is why we haven't seen a crash
on any production sites which are all using pre-fork).

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman