[ic] Help on on a solaris 8 box

Larry Caragay interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 18:03:00 2001

One more question,

If I have a fresh install of solaris 8 on a box. What do you recommend that
I install before trying to install interchange???

Thanks in advance,

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Jason
Kohles
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:17 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Help on on a solaris 8 box

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:01:08AM -0700, Larry Caragay wrote:
> Thank.. Iam self admin the box. I have build a solaris 8 box and am trying
> to figure it out. As for installing interchange, I have had no problem
> installing it on FreeBSD server, but on a Solaris 8 box I have had many
> problems. I guess that BSD self install all of the necessary files and
> programs that is need to install interchanges.

If this is a fresh install of solaris, you will have several other problems
before you are done, in particular, you will need to install Berkeley DB
(www.sleepycat.com), as the admin interface will not work with Solaris'
crippled SDBM.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect