[ic] Great Support from Red Hat

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 15 20:39:00 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Robert Trembath wrote:

RT>>I just wanted to let you all know how good the support is at Red Hat. They
RT>>helped me patch up my CC processing with authorize.net and did a great job
RT>>at what I consider a minimal cost. So if you do need help on some of the
RT>>more sophisticated features in IC and the list isn't doin' the trick, use
RT>>them. Just thought I'd give a little praise and say good job!

I need to echo that sentiment.

I drove out to Reston and I sat down with them and they pulled up my
store and we went over what I was doing and where I want to go.

We agreed on a price.
(Perhaps my philosphy is a bit strange, but after paying $500 for
ShopSite which does NOT do what I want and is not at all configurable,
to spend a few hundred dollars on 'free' software to get it configured
to suit my particular tastes and needs seems like a bargain!)

Our agreement was that I would submit my questions via e-mail. Thus
far, I have submitted just one. The answer that I got back was VERY
comprehensive, very detailed, and in some cases went outside of the
scope of the question asked, but it did cover some other, unvoiced,
concerns.

Now, here is a question: which is the better bargain? To pay an outside
consultant x dollars per hour to get you going, or to pay the original
authors of the software 2x dollars per hour to get you going?

My guess is that before you are done, you will have paid the outside
consultant for 2-3 hours of work, which the original authors would do
within 1 hour.

The store software is FREE. The store software is complex!
Don't be a cheapskate! Buy the Tech Support option!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, June 15, 2001 at 20:30 PM:
Oxymoron: Sure bet.

This Linux System has been up 131 hours