[ic] Variable/Attribute Pricing

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 19 07:08:00 2001

Quoting Nathan Wiger (nate@nateware.com):
> So, would you (and others) think something like this should be integrated
> into Interchange? I'm thinking of something like an option such as:
>
>    UseModifier         size color
>    UseModifierPricing  1
>
> Where the second option would turn on the colon-sensitive pricing thingy
> similar to what I wrote. If not set, then Interchange's current behavior
> could be maintained (it's off by default). Or, maybe there's a new option to
> CommonAdjust, which may be more appropriate.
>
> Mike Heins provided some good feedback on the fact that this is a problem
> which is solvable with CommonAdjust (as I did). My only counterpoint would
> be that this is a frequently-visited issue, and IMO Interchange's current
> pricing db scheme is not up to par with other e-commerce offerings (at least
> out-of-the-box, though it is very flexible).
>
> Thoughts?

As I said before, something like this is integrated with the options
database in 4.7.x.

That being said, there are almost as many ways to do this stuff as there
are product lines. 8-)

I would be interested in knowing what those other e-commerce offerings
are, for my experience is that Interchange has most all of them beat
individually. Each one of them usually has one thing it does well, but
you play the devil doing anything outside those constraints.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown