[ic] Problem with lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm (Can MySQL be used instead?)

Michael Lehmkuhl interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 20 15:25:00 2001

Thanks for your input, Ed.

Let me try to clarify.  I did get Interchange installed and got the demo
catalog up and running.

However, I seem to be having some problems with certain admin pages.  The
errors I get in the catalog error.log file look like this:

cd943222-a.sxflls1.sd.home.com NauIUWRQ:home.com - [10/June/2001:06:21:41
-0700] stufftobuy /cgi-bin/stufftobuy/admin/item_up Runtime error: couldn't
init cache at /usr/home/speedwoo/www/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
107.

Similarly, errors like these appear in the Interchange error.log file:

cd943222-a.sxflls1.sd.home.com NauIUWRQ:home.com - [10/June/2001:06:22:14
-0700] stufftobuy /cgi-bin/stufftobuy/admin/item_edit.html Runtime error:
couldn't init cache at
/usr/home/speedwoo/www/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 107.

Based on this, I'm wondering if I can take the data that is being stored in
DBM files and move it to MySQL, since the MySQL interface seems to be
working great.

In the meantime, I'll try running the script you mentioned.

I'd appreciate any further advice on this issue.

Thanks all.

--
Michael Lehmkuhl <michael@electricpulp.com>
Partner, Electric Pulp