[ic] Permission problems starting Interchange as interch vs root

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 22 13:15:01 2001

Quoting Curt Hauge (chc@mninter.net):
> I read this: MiniVend will refuse to run as root; that would be patently
> unsafe. It runs as any normal user.
> I read it here:
> http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/1998/msg00089.html
>
> I read this: Important note: Interchange must not run as root...
> I read it here:
> http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig16%2e02

Running as root, it will not let you do. But the init.d script does an
"su -c $interchange_user" before starting it.

In any case, we would not promulgate that method of running things
unless we believed it was safe.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>