[ic] Generating Keys & Applying Signatures

ETH Zurich interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 25 15:27:00 2001

I need to modify the Create New Account and the Check Out processes in such
a way that:

1. Whenever a new user register him/herself, Interchange will generate a
key-pair for him/her and store it a certain directory on the server;

2. Whenever a registered user checked out, Interchange will make use of the
user's key-pair to sign on the purchase order before encrypting it and
sending it to the supervisor.

Interchange already provides the functions to encrypt and send the purchase
order via (encrypted) email to the supervisor. What I would like to do now
is to modify the process such that it will do the 2 things that I stated
above. The most important thing is for Interchange to SIGN the purchase
order using the buyer's key-pair before encrypting and sending it to the
higher level.

Can anybody please help me?