[ic] running the config file?? - NOT

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 08:21:00 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, FraserValleyBC.com, Tammy wrote:

FT>>I have untard the file to:
FT>>/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/interchange
FT>>
FT>>When I go to the http://www.domain.com/interchange/config
FT>>
FT>>all I get is the text file.
FT>>
FT>>Please explain how I run this file? Have I placed it in the wrong place
FT>>already?
FT>>
FT>>I thought I would untar it first, then install it to the directories listed
FT>>in the instructions.
FT>>
FT>>Am I suppose to do this with telnet, I do not have telnet. But I can get it
FT>>if I need it.

I'm a tad confused as to what you are doing.

But, here is a basic: It is best if you are sitting at the console and
are logged in as root.
You can also telnet in and do it, but you will need to be able to log
in as root.

You are going to have to have root access to be able to get it
installed.

If you've got root access put the tarball in a directory. My favorite
is /usr/local/src. Get it untarred, and then go into the directory that
it just made and follow the instructions, I recommend planning to end
up having re-installed it several times before you are done and have
gotten it the way you want it. So, the first time through just follow
the defaults that it wants to use as much as possible. That will give
you an idea of what it's all about.

And, be sure to set aside an ample amount of time, free from
distractions to focus on it.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, June 26, 2001 at 08:15 AM:
I still miss my ex-wife.....BUT, My aim is improving!

This Linux System has been up 235 hours