[ic] Handling question?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 12:13:01 2001

At 02:30 PM 06/26/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>I need to include a fixed fee if the payment is COD,
>
>Someone suggest me to use handling feature,but there is not any example
>in the interchange documentation.
>could someone explain in simple terms how I do this.
>
>best regards
>Salvador Caballe

Well, there is an example, in fact:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icdatabase_42.html

...but it is not specifically for COD.  In the construct demo, you could do
something like this on the checkout page:

[comment]add this near the top of the page[/comment]
[if value payment_method eq 'cod']
[and !value mv_handling]
         [value name=mv_handling set="cod_charge" hide=1]
[/if]

[comment]add an option to the existing payment_method selector[/comment]
<SELECT NAME="payment_method" onChange="this.form.submit()">
<option [selected payment_method cod] value="cod"> C.O.D.
</select>

...then put your cod charge line in shipping.asc:

cod_charge      C.O.D. Charge   price   0       999999999       f 3

..and reconfigure. When the user selects the COD payment method, the
shipping charges for their order should increase (by $3, in my example).

I haven't tried it - this is just my understanding from the docs.  You
would also need to add appropriate display elements and logic to inform the
user that the charge is being levied.

Good luck!

- Ed L.