[ic] Trouble with repeating special page: interact

Jeff Carnahan interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 17:20:01 2001

I've searched the mailing list archives and documentation and can't find any
mention of the problem I'm experiencing, nor anything that would help me fix
it.

I have a SpecialPage directive:

SpecialPage		interact		special/interact.html

The file special/interact.html contains a proper HTML file that gives the
user an error report.

On the basket page, if a user sets the quantity of an item to a non-digit,
(say a letter) and attempts to update their cart, the contents of
special/interact.html are displayed twice, followed by the basket page again
(all concatenated into one large HTML document).

The first time interact.html is parsed and included into the resulting page,
[message] is replaced with "'q' for item 15-1010 is not numeric"  (I've set
the quantity for item 15-1010 to the letter q). The second time
interact.html is parsed and included, [message] is replaced with:
"quantities". Finally, the basket page is displayed again.

Note that the basket page sets:
mv_doit = refresh
mv_nextpage = @@MV_PAGE@@

This is on IC 4.6.5

Any suggestions about how to prevent this problem from occurring? I only
want interact.html parsed and returned to the user if they enter invalid
quantity data.

--
Jeff Carnahan - jcarnahan@networq.com