[ic] Trouble with repeating special page: interact

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 26 23:25:00 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:32:31PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Jeff Carnahan (jcarnahan@networq.com):
> > I've searched the mailing list archives and documentation and can't find any
> > mention of the problem I'm experiencing, nor anything that would help me fix
> > it.
> >
> > I have a SpecialPage directive:
> >
> > SpecialPage		interact		special/interact.html
> >
> > The file special/interact.html contains a proper HTML file that gives the
> > user an error report.
> >
> > On the basket page, if a user sets the quantity of an item to a non-digit,
> > (say a letter) and attempts to update their cart, the contents of
> > special/interact.html are displayed twice, followed by the basket page again
> > (all concatenated into one large HTML document).

> We are not putting maintenance effort on anything but show-stoppers on
> the 4.6.5 tree at this point, so it is unlikely to be fixed there. 4.7.x
> takes the pragmatic approach of just stripping the non-numerics.

Please correct me if I am wrong, Mike, but it seems to me that much
of the effort in later versions is in templating and UI.  There is
an overwhelming, huge similarity between 4.03 and 4.7.3 in the
core session modules.

It would be wonderful if the core modules and the templating/UI could
each march along at their own, separate paces.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039