[ic] PREFIX-alternate N doesn't handle nested else's properly...

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 27 11:16:00 2001

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> > [loop arg="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10"]
> >     [loop-alternate 2]
> >         [if type="explicit" condition=`[loop-code] < 5`]
> >             EVEN, < 5
> >         [else]
> >             EVEN, > 5
> >         [/else]
> >         [/if]
> >     [else]
> >         ODD
> >     [/else]
> >     [/loop-alternate]
> > [/loop]
> >
> > The first example works as it should, however with the second example,
> > [loop-alternate 2] believes that the [else] .. [/else] block nested within
> > the [if] tag specifies what to display when an odd number is encountered.
> >

> This affects 4.7.x as well. I think it can be described as a bug now -- before
> 4.7.x it was simply another example of poor ITL [else] parsing. Since [if ...]
> doesn't have problems any more, we can look at some of these other cases.

I was wrong -- 4.7.5 handles it just fine. I guess the improved [else] ...
handling really is. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers