[ic] Change the price on the fly, without CommonAdjust

Ron Phipps interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 27 17:38:00 2001

> Commonadjust is still the best entry point into the pricing scheme, in my
> opinion.  Something which is mentioned briefly in the docs, but not well
> illustrated, that that IC tags can be part of the CommonAdjust string,
> which opens the door to employing UserTags to figure pricing.  This is
> probably the most effective way of doing complex pricing, since you can
> evaluate just about any mixture of database and session data to arrive at
> final price.  Mike Heins posted a very nice example a couple weeks ago -
it
> didn't pop up in a search of the mail archives, but I kept a copy - here
it
> is, out of context unfortunately, because I don't have the whole thread:

Thanks Ed, this thread passed me by as well.  I'll check my local archive to
see if I can find the complete context, I appreciate you pointing me in this
direction.  It sounds like using a UserTag that determines the price and
returns it to CommonAdjust is the way to go.

Have a good one,
-Ron