[ic] customer shipping for USPS question

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 28 06:40:01 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Tim Watts wrote:

TW>>Be sure to replace:
TW>>'zone' => "210" with your three didget zone
TW>>'adder' => "1.45" with your additional shipping costs
TW>>default=21041 with your zip code

For better exactness, people can go to www.ups.com and download a
replacement for 450.csv that is tailored for their exact zip code -
mine is 220.csv. Of course I needed to replace the 450 with 220 in
quite a few places/files.

TW>>> I created a file called PriorityMail.csv
TW>>>
TW>>> put that data in it, in my 420.csv I added Priority Mail in the zones

In my attempts to get it all working, I added another column to 220.csv
to reflect the Priority Mail zones. Whether this is necessary, or not,
I don't know.

TW>>> and in shipping.asc I added those other 3 lines
TW>>>
TW>>> I restarted the interchange server, and now what ?  I should see that
TW>>> int eh shipping options ? I don't...

In country.txt you need to add this new method in - like so:

US	US	uspspm uspsexp upsg upsb upsr	United States

(And, that determines the order that they appear in the drop-down box)

Here is a snippet from my shipping.asc (with atrocious wrapping):

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
(<note>2 tabs go in here)
{'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'table' => "PriorityMail",'zone' =>
"220",'ups' => "0",'at_least' => "5.50",'adder' => "(\@\@TOTAL\@\@ *
.30 ) + 2.00",'geo' => "zip",}

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       150     u PriorityMail [value
name=zip filter=digits default=22306]             {}

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs too
heavy for Priority Mail             {}

The fields are tab delimited.
This takes the weight of the product, determines the zone that they are
in, and does a look-up in PriorityMail.csv for the exact rate. It then
adds on 30% (to compensate for the new rates, but that will be changed
in a few hours to a lower percentage) and adds on a $2.00 charge (which
may soon go away). It also makes sure that they get charged at least
$5.50 for shipping.

Also, I had to go into dbconf/default_db and add a PriorityMail.dbm. I
copied one of the other ones and edited it. Restarting the server
builds the appropriate databases. I was unable to get the look-ups
working until I did this.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, June 28, 2001 at 06:15 AM:
Shotgun wedding: a case of wife or death.

This Linux System has been up 0 hours