[ic] "Missing special page" error after site move (answer wins RH t-shirt)

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 28 22:32:00 2001

At 08:11 PM 6/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have an especially challenging Interchange puzzle to solve. The first
>one of you that offers help that leads me to solve it wins a free
>Red-Hat Interchange t-shirt (size XL, white, never worn, I pay
>shipping.) Now on with the fun.
>
>SHORT STORY
>In summary, we moved our Minivend installation to what we think is a
>nearly identical environment and we now get this error in the store logs
>when we run the server:
>"Runtime error: Missing special page: ../special_pages/missing". This is
>when requesting a page known to exist-- so it can't find the page or the
>missing page page.

Put a [bounce ...] call in ../special_pages/missing to the page which is
known to exist.

(That is such an ugly hack, you need to wear a brown paper bag before you
try it).  :-)

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com