[ic] "Missing special page" error after site move (answer wins RH t-shirt)

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 11:40:00 2001

At 08:11 PM 06/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have an especially challenging Interchange puzzle to solve. The first
>one of you that offers help that leads me to solve it wins a free
>Red-Hat Interchange t-shirt (size XL, white, never worn, I pay
>shipping.) Now on with the fun.
>
>SHORT STORY
>In summary, we moved our Minivend installation to what we think is a
>nearly identical environment and we now get this error in the store logs
>when we run the server:
>"Runtime error: Missing special page: ../special_pages/missing". This is
>when requesting a page known to exist-- so it can't find the page or the
>missing page page.

In Minivend, the 'special' pages were located in yourcat/pages/special.  In
Interchange, they were relocated to yourcat/special_pages.  The SpecialPage
directive is still relative to the pages directory, so assuming you ported
your old catalog.cfg to IC, and you want to use the 'new' missing.html
page, you would need to change:

SpecialPage   missing   special/missing

to:

SpecialPage   missing   ../special_pages/missing

Send the shirt to Shaq with my regards, I could make a jumpsuit out of an
XL and still have material left over :-)

- Ed L.