[ic] Starting interchange on RH7.1 server failing

Roger Arnold interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 12:35:00 2001

Roger Arnold wrote:

Hello All,

I am a newbie (still) and have just installed the RPM 4.6.5 version of
interchange (rh7 version) and all seemed to go fine.
I then tried to access the demo catalog under localhost and the page
displayed all right, but I was unable to go any further.
On the web page it states that if this happens it is probably because
the interchange server has probably not been started.
I then went to /etc/rc.d/init.d and started the server (I thought)
however I still could go no further in the demo catalog, so I went back
to /etc/rc.d/init.d and tried to stop the server, prior to starting it
again.
When I executed /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange stop, I received the result
of "Failed" however when then executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange
start, I get a result of "OK".
Exactly the same happens using the restart command, i.e. Failed and OK,
this indicates to me (a newbie) that Interchange is not actually
starting even though it says it is.

Could someone please give me some clues as to what would be stopping it
from starting, and what I may do to fix the problem?
I am running RedHat 7.1 on a Pentium II machine, 128 MB Ram and 10 Gig
Hard drive.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, it will be much appreciated

Regards
Roger