[ic] Help with mv_nextpage ? Refreshes to flypage after placing order from results.html

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 16:53:01 2001

IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6 - Apache -
mod_ssl

Hi list (whoever is here today),

My client and I have noticed this strange (perhaps it is set up this way)
behavior on the standard 'construct' results page which I can reproduce on
demo space 1 at http://demo.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic1:

1) Select a category to bring up the results page
2) Click on any item description and view the item in the flypage
3) Hit the 'back' button on your browser (IE 5.0 or Netscape 4.7)
4) Click 'Buy' for any item other than the one you just viewed

While it does put the item in your basket, it refreshes to the flypage of
the item viewed in step 2. I would like it to refresh back to the results
page instead. It seems that once I view the flypage of an item, mv_nextpage
gets set to the item code
(http://demo.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic1/os28076.html?mv_session_id=8gLZdDXF&mv_n
extpage=os28076&mv_username=). Where/how can I unset (or set) mv_nextpage
upon clicking 'Buy'? Or is there a way to refresh the results page after
hitting the 'back' button to clear this setting? Clicking 'Buy' on the
results page always refreshes back to the flypage of the last item viewed in
flypage (only if an item was first viewed from the flypage). Selecting
another category fromn the left side clears the 'set' flypage item.

I have tried setting mv_nextpage in my form in results.html:

<FORM ACTION="[area nothing]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_action"        VALUE="refresh">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_separate_items"  VALUE="0">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_click"        VALUE="munge_quantity">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_nextpage"  VALUE="results">

[snip-item_list-code]

<input type=hidden name="mv_oi[item-increment]" value=""><input type=text
name=mv_order_quantity size=2 value="">
<input type=submit value=Buy
onClick="this.form.mv_oi[item-increment].value='[item-code]'">

</FORM>

I also swapped <INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_nextpage"  VALUE="results"> for
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo  VALUE=return>

Neither way helped. Am I close? This must be a simple procedure. Can anyone
offer any clues as to where/what to be researching?

Thanks again!

Curt Hauge

Curt Hauge