[ic] how to remove records from database

Raymond interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 21:26:00 2001

ok, I feel that I am close, but I can't complete the steps, I am
messing up somewhere in the SQL commands:

ok, I want to remove the old product IDs from the sku column
in the merchandising table from the test_construct database;

mysql> show databases;
+----------------+
| Database       |
+----------------+
| mysql          |
| test           |
| test_construct |
+----------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use test_construct;
Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+--------------------------+
| Tables_in_test_construct |
+--------------------------+
| affiliate                |
| area                     |
| cat                      |
| country                  |
| gift_certs               |
| inventory                |
| merchandising            |
| order_returns            |
| orderline                |
| pricing                  |
| products                 |
| recurring_items          |
| recurring_orders         |
| ship_addresses           |
| transactions             |
| userdb                   |
+--------------------------+
16 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show columns from merchandising;
+-----------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field           | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| sku             | varchar(20) |      | PRI |         |       |
| featured        | varchar(32) |      | MUL |         |       |
| banner_text     | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| banner_image    | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| blurb_begin     | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| blurb_end       | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| timed_promotion | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| start_date      | varchar(24) |      | MUL |         |       |
| finish_date     | varchar(24) |      | MUL |         |       |
| upsell_to       | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| cross_sell      | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| cross_category  | varchar(64) |      | MUL |         |       |
| others_bought   | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| times_ordered   | text        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+-----------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
14 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

mysql> select sku from merchandising;
+-----------+
| sku       |
+-----------+
| gift_cert |
| os28004   |
| os28005   |
| os28006   |
| os28007   |
| os28008   |
| os28011   |
| os28044   |
| os28057a  |
| os28057b  |
| os28057c  |
| os28062   |
| os28064   |
| os28065   |
| os28066   |
| os28068a  |
| os28068b  |
| os28069   |
| os28072   |
| os28073   |
| os28074   |
| os28075   |
| os28076   |
| os28077   |
| os28080   |
| os28081   |
| os28082   |
| os28084   |
| os28085   |
| os28086   |
| os28087   |
| os28108   |
| os28110   |
| os28111   |
| os28113   |
| os29000   |
| special01 |
37 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I want to remove all the sku's that start with os

I am stuck, I tried the command from mysql.com site
but it's not working...

help.

Raymond