[ic] Manual install of Akopia Interchange

Monring Star interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jun 30 04:35:00 2001

Thanks for the reply. Our hosting provider (and our own server) is using
currently using Perl 5.6. The message....

---------------
Can't locate Data/Dumper.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
>Makefile.PL line 20.
>BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 20.
>make: *** No targets.  Stop.
>make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

-------------------

appeared in the process of installing via SSH when I run (as per instruction
in installation guide)

cd interchange-4*
./configure

The installation says that it should ask for directory location where I want
it installed.
Instead the error message above appeared. Thanks for any help.

Martin Mary

perl 5.004 has not been useable by interchange/minivend since verion
3 (which you do not want)

5.6 is recommended

I believe the readme states this very clearly
"IMPORTANT NOTE: Interchange absolutely REQUIRES Perl 5.005 or Perl 5.6."