[ic] How to Add new fields to Product Database and edit them in Admin UI ???

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jun 30 08:52:01 2001

> No It dosent appear in any of the Edit pages !! thats the exact problem...
>
> I am using MySQL database..
>
> If i import the database form a standard TAB Delimited file through
> Interchange,
> It seems that interchange reads the file ok...
> If i perform a search i can found info in the new fields,
> and i can display this inof,
> but it dosent appear in any of the Admin pages....
>
> Whats the 'Straight-by the book' method of adding fields to the Product
> database ??

Hmm... never done it through the UI.

Did you manually add the fields to MySQL or are you relying on ic to do
this?

Giving that your original data is in a text file, I do the following:

1) Edit the <catroot>/dbconf/mysql/products.mysql file and add your new
fields of appropriate data type. This ensures they get your type and not ICs
best guess (char(128)?)
2) Delete the <catroot>/products/products.sql file.
3) Restart IC.

deleting the .sql file and restarting will cause the products table to be
dropped, recreated as per the .mysql file, and the data imported from the
text file <catroot>/products/products.txt

Good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.