Dreamweaver Extension & Jext Module (was: Re: [ic] checkout expiration date problems)

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:46:50 -0800

At 09:14 AM 2/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> > > Mike, what is the status of the Dreamweaver module to deal with IC tags
> > > that was discussed a while back?  Ron Phipps thought that someone from
> > > Akopia was working on them (in msg00282).
>
>I know Dreamweaver pretty well, but very new to Interchange. What kind of
>tags need to be supported in Dreamweaver?

I wouldn't say any tags *need* to be supported, but it sure would be
nice.  By supported, I mean color-coding and formatting (much like HTML is
color-coded and formatted now).  Would anyone be willing to volunteer to
develop this?

In a related vein, the lead developer of Jext (http://www.jext.org), Romain
Guy, graciously volunteered to write a module to parse/colorize/format
interchange tags after I asked him about it.  I'm not sure when he'll be
done with it though.

FYI, Jext is a powerful 100% pure Java programmer's text editor. Mainly
written for programmers, Jext was designed from the ground up to suit your
needs. From beginner to skilled coder, everyone should find what they need
in this editor.  Jext is a lightweight, yet fully featured, software which
will help you in almost any circumstance as it provides an open
architecture and a lot of many different possibilities to manipulate text
of any kind: source code, letters, etc..

(It's better than vi OR emacs).

Mike wrote:
>No status. I was the one thinking about working on it, but no progress
>so far (other than buying the PowerMac G4). I wouldn't want anyone to
>hold their breath, priorities are pushing it aside.

If you can get a G4 for a single project, then you probably leap mainframes
in a single bound.  :-)  Man, and I thought my 4-way IDE-RAID subsystem,
with a P-3 800 and 384mb ram was a big dev desktop.  Do you develop on
S/390's?  Or are they just your staging area and the production environment
is a Cray Supercomputer?

Later,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com