Dreamweaver Extension & Jext Module (was: Re: [ic] checkout expiration date problems)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:11:20 -0500

Quoting Dan B (db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net):

> >I know Dreamweaver pretty well, but very new to Interchange. What kind of
> >tags need to be supported in Dreamweaver?
>
> I wouldn't say any tags *need* to be supported, but it sure would be
> nice.  By supported, I mean color-coding and formatting (much like HTML is
> color-coded and formatted now).  Would anyone be willing to volunteer to
> develop this?

That is one part, and the other part was to be some tag insertion
stuff, like a table menu look-alike for loop/item-list/search-list
which would generate a template like:

<!--[item-list]-->
		[item-code]
		[item-field foo]
<!--[/item-list]-->

and understand that the item-list needed to be carried around with it; and/or
some tag inserters that would do templates with the proper attribute
names.

One thing I am struggling with is just a definition of the feature
set needed. If someone did that type of marketing requirements work
for me, I could do quite a bit of the coding as I am getting better
and better at JavaScript (which is the language used in the Dreamweaver
SDK).

> In a related vein, the lead developer of Jext (http://www.jext.org), Romain
> Guy, graciously volunteered to write a module to parse/colorize/format
> interchange tags after I asked him about it.  I'm not sure when he'll be
> done with it though.
>
> FYI, Jext is a powerful 100% pure Java programmer's text editor. Mainly
> written for programmers, Jext was designed from the ground up to suit your
> needs. From beginner to skilled coder, everyone should find what they need
> in this editor.  Jext is a lightweight, yet fully featured, software which
> will help you in almost any circumstance as it provides an open
> architecture and a lot of many different possibilities to manipulate text
> of any kind: source code, letters, etc..
>
> (It's better than vi OR emacs).

But certainly not better than....OK, no editor holy wars. 8-)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".