[ic] mailman feature request: 1st question always returned

IC-Admin interchange@my-school.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:28:56 -0500 (EST)

Dan wrote:

> ----
> Before your first post can be sent to the list, you *must* research all
> the  following materials to see if you question has been asked and
> answered before:
> 1. FAQ http://...
> 2. Docs (searchable) http://...
> Your first post has been returned, if you send it again it will get
> through.  But please check if it is a FAQ.

> If mailman has this feature already it would be nice to have turned
> on.  If  not, someone should take this to the mailman developers.
> Just a thought,

Might be a nice idea, but I doubt it would help much. People will
start to read the FAQ or Docs and realize there is a lot to read and
to comprehend. That's most probably too much for them and they will
ask anyway.

Just out of experience watching newbies on other lists and groups as