Idea for developer's list. Was: Re: [ic] Echange en Francais,

Jeff Dafoe jeffd@evcom.net
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:57:30 -0500

> I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set up an
> 'interchange-developers' list for people to discuss more advanced
> implementations and solutions using Interchange.

	The problem then is it becomes like the blind leading the blind.  All the
knowledgeable users are in the devel list and everyone in the normal list is
left helpless.
	I think a better solution would be to use canned responses.  When someone
asks a question that has been answered in the discusssion forum before, just
reply with something like:

	That issue was discussed in the mailing list previously, you can search the
archive at http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/htsearch .  If you don't find
the information you are looking for, let us know and we will try to help
from there.

	I think this would work fine for everyone involved.  I am certain that the
people asking the question would have no problem checking the archive first
(I suspect many do not know the archive exists, finding the archive search
from developer.akopia.com is not very intuitive) and then if they still have
a question they can post on the list again.

Jeff