[ic] Categories - one product in multiple categories

Ryan Hertz rhertz@gyb.baits.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 17:35:28 -0700

>cfm@maine.com wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:30:43PM -0800, nwcorp@helpwizard.com wrote:
> > > Does anyone know the magic trick for allowing one product to appear in
> > > multiple categories?    Can't seem to find any info in the .pdf files or
> > > here among the users.
> >
> > keep the list of categories in which any particular product belongs
> > in a separate table and JOIN
>
>Alrternatively, a somewhat simpler way of doing this is to set up
>multiple category columns
>
>eg
>
>sku     desc    cat_1   cat_2   cat_3
>1               this    none    blue
>2               that    all     red
>3               other   all     blue

Couldn't you just have:

sku     desc    category        foobar
10      Voop    can,bottle      blah

The categories separated by commas?  Sure seems logical to me, but I have
not tested it.

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                                 http://www.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                  mailto:rhertz@baits.com