[ic] HAS_LIMIT not documented (was: Large mySQL tables kill IC startup)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 09:04:36 -0500

Quoting Ton Verhagen (ton@verhagen.net):
> Dear All,
>
> I noticed that the configuration directive HAS_LIMIT is not documented.
>
> Use this directive for large mySQl tables, or other SQl engines which have
> 'limit' support implemented.
>
> If it is not used for large mySQl tables, IC will wait virtually forever at
> server startup.
>
> This is caused by IC doing a: 'select * from table' in subroutine
> list_fields (lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm). If you set HAS_LIMIT, the select will
> read: 'select * fom table limit 1'. A real time/memory saver!

HAS_LIMIT should be the default for MySQL -- I will check to see
why that might not be set.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer