[ic] Cutting down

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:18:03 -0500

Quoting IC-Admin (interchange@my-school.com):

> If I just had an idea how to remind posters to cut down
> the trailing comments of the previous poster in their responses.
> They are usually completely superfluous.
>
> Any suggestions ?

I would like to require non-lazy quoting, but that is too much to
expect, I guess. Too many people use too many bad editors that apparently
make it hard to do the Right Thing.

For what it is worth, I will repeat my statement that if you use the lazy
quoting method of putting your comments at top and not putting context
in, you reduce the likelihood of me carefully reading the message by
about 90%.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown