[ic] Backend - uploading new files problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:55:04 -0500

Quoting Alex Lam (support@integricity.com):
> I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem, or whether you just use
> ftp into your server, but we are restricting the use of ftp into the server
> for security reasons, and we want to use the backend alone.
> Using the file transfer component under Content, we find that uploading
> (more like updating) a file that already exists is fine, as you can click on
> the little ^ up arrow and upload. (The file in mention is upload_other.html)
> But what if I want to upload a new graphic / file that has not already been
> named as such, using the web interface. I think there should be arrows next
> to the folder name to enable users to upload new files
> It's a simple issue, but I think it might want to be addressed for future IC
> editions. Or does anyone have the simple hack to work around this?

It has been addressed in 4.7.x, but won't really fit into 4.6.

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer