[ic] Tax Exempt ?

Greg Hanson greg@valuemedia.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:09:13 -0800

You may be able to set it up based on the userdb as you started to do.  This
is what I use (thanks to Mike Heins) in one of our catalogs to determine
dealer or no dealer, it configs the price field prior to everything starting
up (of course the customer has to log in for it to be effective).  You
should be able to substitute SalesTax for PriceField, and put tax_exempt
field in UserDB and define it, then if a customer is defined in the user db
as tax exempt, and they log in, then set the SalesTax to be empty, and no
tax should be charged....

In the catalog.cfg I have:

UserDB	default	scratch	dealer

AutoLoad <<EOF
[calc]
	if ($Scratch->{dealer}) {
			$Config->{PriceField} = 'w_price';
	}
	return;
[/calc]
EOF

yours might look like:

UserDB	default	scratch	tax_exempt

AutoLoad <<EOF
[calc]
	if ($Scratch->{tax_exempt}) {
			$Config->{SalesTax} = ' ';
	}
	return;
[/calc]
EOF

and of course you need the extra field in userdb, and you will need to put a
value in that field if the user is to be tax exempt.

I think this should work, and if anyone sees any errors, they can speak
up....

Greg Hanson
Valuemedia.com
14355 Fern Dell Lane