[ic] Install problem on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb@zenez.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:22:49 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Marc Braun wrote:
> I try to install Interchange 4-6.3 on an SCO Unixware 7.1.1 box.
>
> After running the configure script I get the following error:
>
> syntax error at Makefile.PL line 532, near ") for "
> BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line
> 775.
> UX:make: ERROR: no arguments or description file (bu7).
>
> UX:make: ERROR: don't know how to make test (bu42).
>
> Can anybody tell what´s wrong?

Marc,

I found that you need to do the following to get it to work.

1.  Get and install GNU make
2.  Make sure you have all the perl libraries installed.
3.  If on the no GUI logins, set LINES=25;COLUMNS=80;export LINES COLUMNS
4.  If in the GUI make sure LINES and COLUMNS are set to your window.
5.  Always start and stop IC from the IC user.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044