[ic] BUG: missing counter file not reported

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:16:38 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:31:18PM +0000, Murray Gibbins wrote:

> Synopsis
> --------
>
> If you have a "Route counter" directive in a catalog.cfg ie.
>
> Route counter /tmp/count
>
> but /tmp/count does not exist, interchange does not report this as a problem
> even (even with DEBUGing on) though it changes the way the Order numbering works
> on Order.pm ( instead of a specific order number for that cart's route it will
> use the global counter number). It will also does not create this file if it
> finds it missing.

I hope that choice of location is just a "for example".  /tmp/count
is a **really** bad place to put a counter on a linux system.  :-)

FWIW, we reset our filesystem counters daily simply by erasing them.  I
hope your fix only issues a warning and not an error!

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039