[ic] Import / Export in Excel carriage returns

Andreas, Scott Scott.Andreas@learningco.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:09:52 -0800

First question is what version of Ic are you using and second did you
declare in your products database that you are using Excel. You should have:

Database products EXCEL 1

listed in your catalog.cfg file.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Alex Lam
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 5:20 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: [ic] Import / Export in Excel carriage returns

Hi folks...

Have you guys encountered problems after importing / exporting data in
Excel where the end of line characters are taken into the SQL database
and muck up your values ?

For instance, I entered some products thru the web interface into
category abc and when I entered a whole bunch more in Excel, they
appeared as abc^M or abc\r

So, when the category in the left nav bar is clicked I'd get

--------------
|    abc     |
------------------------------
| products                   |
------------------------------
|    abc     |
| products                   |

It's because the search sees abc and abc\r as two diff values. I know
I can do a complex search, but that is not getting to the root of the
problem. Any gurus with advice?

Thanks.

Alex Lam