[ic] regular expression in drop down menus

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:26:07 -0500

Quoting Mat Jones - booksellersolutions.com (mat@booksellersolutions.com):
> Is it possible to include regular expressions in search_specs passed from a
> drop-downlist??
> this didnt work, but gives you an understanding of what im trying to do:
> <select name="se">
> <option value="/14[0-9][0-9]/">
> <option value="/15[0-9][0-9]/">
> </select>

Yes, if you set the mv_all_chars variable to 0. It is 1 by default,
meaning all search specs undergo a quotemeta() operation (in essence).

This is documented, I think. Or at least it used to be. And it definitely
will be again soon. 8-)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown