[ic] Tracking Numbers?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:27:29 -0500

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 01:40 PM 03/09/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Again, I'm using the "simple" catalog as a starting point, so I apologize
> >well in advance if the answer is obvious or implemented in construct.
> >

> >Has anyone done the work to implement the entry/storage/retrieval of
> >tracking numbers for shipped orders/line-items?
> >
> >Thanks for any heads-up pointers.
> >
> >--
>
> This is a matter of adding tracking number fields to the transactions and
> orderlines databases, then overriding the standard Orders page in the Admin
> area with a customized one which includes input elements for those fields
> and related settings in the form.  On the latter point, Mike H. wrote a
> tricks and tips post to the list which explains overrides in detail, search
> the archives for more info.

It may not be intuitive, but if you add a valid UPS tracking number in the status
field of transactions and orderline, it will show up as link to UPS.

It is on our list of things to make better -- you might want to mix and
match FedEx and UPS, for example, and the current demo doesn't allow that.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock