[ic] Tracking Numbers?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:27:29 -0500

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 01:40 PM 03/09/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> >Again, I'm using the "simple" catalog as a starting point, so I apologize
> >well in advance if the answer is obvious or implemented in construct.
> >

> >Has anyone done the work to implement the entry/storage/retrieval of
> >tracking numbers for shipped orders/line-items?
> >
> >Thanks for any heads-up pointers.
> >
> >--
> This is a matter of adding tracking number fields to the transactions and
> orderlines databases, then overriding the standard Orders page in the Admin
> area with a customized one which includes input elements for those fields
> and related settings in the form.  On the latter point, Mike H. wrote a
> tricks and tips post to the list which explains overrides in detail, search
> the archives for more info.

It may not be intuitive, but if you add a valid UPS tracking number in the status
field of transactions and orderline, it will show up as link to UPS.

It is on our list of things to make better -- you might want to mix and
match FedEx and UPS, for example, and the current demo doesn't allow that.

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock