[ic] Large mySQL tables kill IC startup

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:22:26 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:26:26PM -0800, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> Ton Verhagen <ton@verhagen.net> writes:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have a mySQL table (subscriber) with about 5.5 million records which we
> > would like to integrate in an IC catalog.
> > Because the table is rather large we put the directive: 'NoImport
> > subscriber' in catalog.cfg
> > There is no content in the table subscriber.txt (except for the field
> > names) in the products directory.

I've no clue as to how you are tying it to IC.  What happens
if you don't even mention it in the cfg file?  Depending on how
you do the queries and what's changed since 4.03 you might not need
anything more than a handle on the products table.  Certainly of the
5.5m only a small percentage are "active".  We maintain a small table
of registered data, a first_name,last_name,cookie and id that then
gets joined to others tables as required.  None of those are catalog.cfg.
Maybe I'm reading your question wrong.  :-)