[ic] AUTO_INCREMENT Primary Keys

jean-pierre.parent@bridgepoint-intl.com jean-pierre.parent@bridgepoint-intl.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:03:29 -0500

Hi everyone...

I get an error in my error.log which looks like:
No key 'id' found for function='insert' table='attributes'

This happens each time i use the UI/Admin on fields that have an
auto_increment primary key.
So I went to browse through the mailing list archive to find a way to make
the admin work with auto_increment primary keys...

I found tid bits about [data session id] and using an incremental
number...but there are very few detail on doing this.

I'd really like to avoid entering things in this field so that its managed
by the db itself. Is there any better way to do that? Wouldn't it be
possible to just forget this field?

I'd appreciate any hints on how you people handle this...(and I'm sure
others as well)

Wouldnt people using *many* rows in a table and want to use IC be limited
if they had an auto_increment primary key in it? Does that mean they cant
use the admin?

Thanks.