[ic] jEdit xml syntax highlight preview

Craig Beasland craig@hotmix.com.au
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:06:44 +0800

Chris,

I have been using jedit and your interchange xml thingy since you announced
it on this list.  I downloaded jedit at the recommendation of someone on
this list (possible you) and it is fantastic.

Congrats to you and the jedit team.

cheers
craig

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Chris
Jesseman
Sent: Sunday, 11 March 2001 5:59 AM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] jEdit xml syntax highlight preview

Dan,

I'm glad you like it.

It looks like jEdit stacks colors in its properties file
(\windows\.jedit\properties on my system)

Here are my colors on top of the default. If you remove your color lines you
will be set back to the defaults- this is probably not the best way so save
backup copy...
view.style.literal2=color\:\#999900
view.style.literal1=color\:\#990099
view.style.keyword3=color\:\#9999ff style\:b
view.style.keyword2=color\:\#0000ff style\:b
view.style.keyword1=color\:\#ff00ff style\:b
view.style.operator=color\:\#000000 style\:b

You can also change TYPE's in the xml file but I'll probably be making
changes
to that after 3.1 (when a new INCLUDE tag will be supported).

If you go Utilities->Global Options->jEdit Options->Editing you can select
the
default mode: interchange. You can also do it on a file basis by putting
this
in the top 10 lines: :mode=interchange:
There is more info in the manual.

Would you think it would be better to highlight item-xxx tags from a keyword
list, while the user defined PREFIX= would get a default color? I'm still
debating this.

If a few more people use it I would consider submitting it to the jEdit
team,
otherwise, I'm not sure that it is worth it for 2 or 3 users... We'll see!

Also, many thanks to Slava Pestov of jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) for his
help
on the Interchange mode.

-Chris

> I've been using interchange.xml for a little while and I love it!
>
> It is still taking me quite some time to get all the coloring options
> right, though.  I'm using about 20 different colors and it looks quite
> weird.
>          Is there a jEdit file that defines the color?
>          (If so, do you have a sample that looks good?
>          Or know how to set it back to default?).
>          Also, how do you get all files to be opened by default with
> Interchange coloring?
>          (or convert just *.html to interchange coloring?)
> I'd be very interested in any future updates you have (it would be great
> if
> it were rolled into jEdit)!
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> -Dan
>
> At 07:39 PM 3/6/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I put together a preliminary look at my syntax highlight file for IC
> and
> >jEdit.
> >You can download the jEdit XML file and see a screen shot here:
> >http://www.sitemajic.net/jedit/
> >
> >Overall, I'm impressed with jEdit's syntax highlighting engine.
> Embedded perl
> >highlights work pretty good and are completely separate from IC tags
> []. One
> >thing I haven't solved yet is user defined PREFIX words; maybe someone
> else
> >will have a suggestion.
> >
> >This is a WIP for me and I mostly use it for personal stuff- but if
> their is
> >sufficient demand it could be refined even more and included in the
> jEdit
> >release. Let me know what you think.
> >

> >-Chris Jesseman

> Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com