[ic] Simple Question....

Greg Gaskill g.gaskill@aboron.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:05:24 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Lauman" <jlauman@nwcascades.com>
To: "Interchange User List" <interchange-users@lists.akopia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 1:54 PM
Subject: [ic] Simple Question....

> How do you disable shipping?
>
> How do you disable inventory?
>
> When processing an order for a non-inventory soft product I get the
> error: "NOTE: Nothing to ship!" and of course it won't complete the
> transaction.

The "NOTE: Nothing to ship!" is not an error - the transaction should
complete without and 'shipping weight', it works this way for gift_cert
items.  I diasabled (redefined, actually) invetory by looking for tags
like this:

  [if-item-data inventory quantity < 1]
Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1" color="#FF0000">Back Ordered</FONT>
  [/if-item-data]

in places like   /templates/components/cart  and  /pages/ord/checkout
and re-write them (or eliminate them) to suit.  Personally, we have 3
kinds of inventory at our store:

1) Actual items on hand (inventory > 0)
2) Items we can get within 1 week (inventory = 0)
3) Items we can't get anytime soon (inventory set = -1, by hand)

So we don't get a back-ordered listing unless we know that our
distributors/manufacturers can't get any either.