[ic] Operating System Choice - RH 6.2 or 7.0

Lord Valankar valankar@nmo.net
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:43:56 -0500

Greetings all!
	This is just a general question and I'm looking for some general input.
I have a dell power edge 2450 here that we bought some time ago just to
run interchange. I am about to start assembling our production
interchange on it and it occurred to me that I might want to upgrade
from the factory installed 6.2 to 7.0
	For the folks who don't know in RH 7.0 some of the basic directories
are in slightly different places (i.e.. 6.2 /home/httpd/html is
/var/www/html in 7.0) This would seem to make upgrading after the fact a
major headache although possible. (Not to mention maintaining the source
code.)
	I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share in this
matter, and if Akopia will be dropping support for the older RH 6.2 any
time soon.

	Thanks in advance to any and all }:8>

    Valankar (aka Dwagon)

    "Just remember: If life didn't suck we would all fly off the earth."